Skip to main content

CHANGING TIMES


I had a serious case of nostalgia and went back to read my previous blog posts. In hindsight I was subconsciously looking for what motivated me to write them and trying to understand why I couldn’t write anything to save my life lately.


Haha! so relatable

What I found out was pretty interesting... the blog actually gave me purpose, week after week, when I really didn’t have much going for me at the time. 


If nothing else I knew for a fact my gifs and awkward stories would get someone laughing their a* off (parental advisory, lol). Or my moments of vulnerability would help someone understand that they weren’t alone in any way, shape or form; and it just took one voice to make them more secure in their situations or themselves. 


So ... what was so different now though?


I feel like sometimes life takes over slowly but surely especially when we let it. My lovely current boss found me with a novel at work and told me how she used to read them a lot before her cute boys came along. Life took over because of her bundles of joy. I will currently peg my lack of regular (if any) blog posts on: 


a) I was job hunting so my head wasn’t in the game

b) After being blessed with work, apparently life took over. 

Were we making excuses or were these genuine reasons? For her, it seems genuine. For me though, well, not so much unfortunately. 


Can you smell that?

Okay! Okay! Enough with the judgy eyesπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ FOR ME NOT AT ALL🀦🏽‍♀🀦🏽‍♀🀦🏽‍♀

So what’s the real reason?


Honestly, i'm still working on figuring that out .😭😭😭


Have you been feeling like you’ve put something that you really enjoyed doing on pause for longer than you anticipated? What was the reason behind it? Was it genuine or an excuse for a much deeper reason? Are you planning on getting back to it? What timeline are you working with or are you on a "when I feel like it” basis?


Well, I hope I’ve given you something to think about before my next blog post coz I’M BACK BABY!!!πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ



I'm excited too Patrick!!! I really am!πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ

Look out for more awkward stories that have really interesting realizations plus bomb gifs! They make everything better πŸ˜‰


I hope to see you all on the next post. 



Spread love and light, 
Njeri

Comments

  1. I'm so eager for more hihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, you got me thinking of what was myself... looking to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you got me thinking of myself ..... looking to read more from you gal

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Patrick gif is everything! This was very reflective, glad you're back to writing. Can't wait to read more posts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv it! Keep writing gal. Looking forward πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like this blog was speaking to me, personally 😌

    ReplyDelete
  7. See you. I hope for real this time round.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting the job! πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ Beautiful story, the gifs are everything, and the questions thought provoking. Looking forward to more πŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ENDLESS STRUGGLE TO LOVE SELF

As I cry in my bed at 3.36 am at the feeling of insufficience in every sense of the word... My question is how do I always end up here? In this same damn state? When will it ever get easier? Will I ever get to a point where I wholly love and accept myself in all my flaws and misgivings? Or is this just some hogwash we read in articles and blogs? Have you?  Being exactly a month away from turning 25 I always thought if all other things failed me .... I knew all the work I had put in on my journey to self love would have paid off by then. I'd be happier at least in that regard... But here I am crying my eyes out feeling like ugly Betty only with alot more chub to carry around. So how do people get out of this hole? Nobody should dare open their mouth and tell me to go work out, that I'll love myself then! What about all the scars I have? Will the gym remedy that too? What about my overly bruised ego from comments I've received about my weight, how exactly w

THE SOCIETAL CANCER: THE MICROWAVE MENTALITY

The millennial generation that we are in is the all-time consumer of the Microwave mentality. In 30 seconds we want to hear our microwaves beep with our Range Rovers outside waiting for us with little to no investment of any kind just because we are entitled little brats, hehe! The excitement before the unrealistic results that never come πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Instant gratification is a drug that has been force fed to us through social media if you ask me. We have been made to believe that we need to have achieved amazing and grandeur things right this very minute, whether we have the means or we don't. It has to be achieved by any means necessary. We buy things we do not need and can't afford, with money we do not have all out to please the masses and prove our apparent social standing. Doing it for the Gram, huh?! Where is the lie? The need for instant gratification manifests itself in more ways than one. It is the child of impatience, birthed together with comparison a

LOSING YOUR SENSE OF SELF.

Has something so devastating happened to you or someone close to you and you saw how everything changed for them! Pain and trauma have a way of changing people and how they view life. Some people get knocked down by the sudden life changing event and dust themselves up and fight through it.... Others have the hardest time getting past it but once they do,they come out a different person... others barely make it out! Some people really start to find their identify in the pain and the hurt that they don't remember who they were before it all. The pain is their familiar place. As a means to suppress all the internal war they are experiencing, some turn to alcohol, drugs, cutting themselves, self medicating.... These are things we see around us all the time. We just don't really know how much someone is going through and as per usual we are always so quick to judge. You know I'm right! This year alone,I feel like I have gotten the opportunity to meet pretty i