Skip to main content

HOW HONEST IS TOO HONEST?🤔🤔🤔



Is there something like too honest??? Or is it just something people came up with to protect their egos from reality?

Honesty:
A virtue so few have yet everyone claims to have it;

A trait so many want to portray and act like they can handle it, yet are not emotionally positioned to take it from someone else;

A trait that may often come out as rude and bruising yet the intention was pure

Don't you just hate it when someone says, "chills for who?" yet for starters, you had no intention for the statement to come off so blunt even though you approve the message.. or is it just me?
I feel like it takes away from the true intention of the message. Even though it may be trivial.

Late last year I was invited to a surprise birthday party. Everything was going pretty well. Our hommie Omosh had whipped up some fire food.  Good music was playing. The surprise aspect didn't fail(Thank you God!). So it was time to cut the cake. We are all around the dinner table; some seated some standing because the seats weren't enough. Peter's girlfriend had just arrived and being the gentleman that he has always been he carried his seat to his girlfriend. Some guy at the table was impressed by Peter's actions and said he was a gentleman too, tusimwone hivyo!
Being the loudmouth that I am, I had to chime in on that because I disagreed completely. I said, "how are you a gentleman? You are seated yet so many ladies are standing around you?!"
You should have seen everyone's face😮😮😮 they made it seem like I sucked the life out of his ego with a straw. Slow yet unimaginably painful☠️

One of the other guys slithered off his seat faster than you can say "Chills for who?" because that's all that followed 😂😂😂 That guy turned red in the cheeks from embarrassment despite his dark complexion. I felt a little guilty after, won't lie because he didn't speak much after that 😕

So, wasn't that an honest comment aki? Or was I wrong for it? Why was I feeling bad for stating an honest observation?
Is there a line we shouldn't cross when it comes to speaking our mind on obvious things?
Btw I have so many of these stories where I said the truth but I was made to feel bad about it! I really find this confusing. Maybe I don't have enough social intelligence to know when to I need to pump the brakes. I was four years old we went to visit my grandparents. My grandma's friends also came to visit. So this certain lady kept insisting she wants to hold me but I kept saying no. As she continued to pursue me, my impatience got the best of me and I blurted out, "sikutaki ju wewe ni mchafu!" The horror on my mum's face! I was so unbothered with what I just said. My mother, on the other hand, was like..


Funny thing everyone else took it pretty lightly and started laughing because they low-key agreed but weren't ballsy enough to tell it to her like his 4-year-old loud mouth could.

My burning questions are:
Everyone is always saying how they keep it 💯 but do we really keep it all the way 💯 or only to the level that is approved by the general public? Which is what, a mere 25%? Why is lying so easy for us? I know it saves us from a lot of trouble but shouldn't we be accountable for our utterances?
There is no conclusion to this post because clearly, the writer has a problem identifying the line at times. I just really need y'all to tell me, how honest is too honest?
Spread Live & Light
Njeri💋
This week's Inspirational Material:

Comments

  1. I have also been in the same position. I don't know how we should do to better our social intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove this , your intelligence is infectious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very few people can handle the truth and even fewer are honest. We are living in a society with a generation that's so emotionally fragile, that terms like constructive criticism, are replaced by words like demeaning belittling and contemptuous. The truth is not always pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose it is relative. It is all a matter of discretion thus differs from one individual to another.

    Needless to say, we are all mortals, with brittle egos and thin skins. Who would possibly entertain harsh truths with the positivism it deserves?

    Waswahili wasema , ukweli wauma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether 💯 or 25 people will always feel attacked... Even when you are only trying to tell the truth... So you might as well embrace your '' brutal honesty" policy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your brutal honesty!
    I struggle because for one, I shy away from keeping it 100 when there is something I clearly want to say.
    Maybe I draw the line too quickly and need to also find a balance. Thanks for this! Keep up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ENDLESS STRUGGLE TO LOVE SELF

As I cry in my bed at 3.36 am at the feeling of insufficience in every sense of the word... My question is how do I always end up here? In this same damn state? When will it ever get easier? Will I ever get to a point where I wholly love and accept myself in all my flaws and misgivings? Or is this just some hogwash we read in articles and blogs? Have you?  Being exactly a month away from turning 25 I always thought if all other things failed me .... I knew all the work I had put in on my journey to self love would have paid off by then. I'd be happier at least in that regard... But here I am crying my eyes out feeling like ugly Betty only with alot more chub to carry around. So how do people get out of this hole? Nobody should dare open their mouth and tell me to go work out, that I'll love myself then! What about all the scars I have? Will the gym remedy that too? What about my overly bruised ego from comments I've received about my weight, how exactly w

THE SOCIETAL CANCER: THE MICROWAVE MENTALITY

The millennial generation that we are in is the all-time consumer of the Microwave mentality. In 30 seconds we want to hear our microwaves beep with our Range Rovers outside waiting for us with little to no investment of any kind just because we are entitled little brats, hehe! The excitement before the unrealistic results that never come 😂😂😂 Instant gratification is a drug that has been force fed to us through social media if you ask me. We have been made to believe that we need to have achieved amazing and grandeur things right this very minute, whether we have the means or we don't. It has to be achieved by any means necessary. We buy things we do not need and can't afford, with money we do not have all out to please the masses and prove our apparent social standing. Doing it for the Gram, huh?! Where is the lie? The need for instant gratification manifests itself in more ways than one. It is the child of impatience, birthed together with comparison a

LOSING YOUR SENSE OF SELF.

Has something so devastating happened to you or someone close to you and you saw how everything changed for them! Pain and trauma have a way of changing people and how they view life. Some people get knocked down by the sudden life changing event and dust themselves up and fight through it.... Others have the hardest time getting past it but once they do,they come out a different person... others barely make it out! Some people really start to find their identify in the pain and the hurt that they don't remember who they were before it all. The pain is their familiar place. As a means to suppress all the internal war they are experiencing, some turn to alcohol, drugs, cutting themselves, self medicating.... These are things we see around us all the time. We just don't really know how much someone is going through and as per usual we are always so quick to judge. You know I'm right! This year alone,I feel like I have gotten the opportunity to meet pretty i