Skip to main content

DO YOU ADD VALUE?

Hey Lovely People,
This week my post will take a different angle but I hope the message will still get home. I have been looking for online writing jobs because I realized I had quite alot of free time on my hands. So you get work from an online writing account owner who pays you for every page you write based on the assignment at hand. One of my friends happens to own one and she gave me a test to see how well I could write the kind of assignments they are given.
The first one she gave me had me out here looking stupid, hahaha!

I was like...😂😂😂😂
Followed by👇👇👇

because I'm the Queen of uncomfortable/nervous laughs especially when I know I'm screwed. Thankfully I figured it out and I was on to assignment 2 which was to write a 550 words speech on a topic of my choice.

I decided to pick a topic that could easily mesh with my blog. Here goes nothing:

“Ladies and gentlemen, I am more than humbled for the opportunity to address you all. Being part of a Youth Empowerment Summit is something I have always wanted to be part of. When I was in my early 20’s I wish we had such seminars. They bring to our awareness things we will tackle in our day to day life now that we are active participants in the “real world” like people like to call it. My question is though, what world were we a part of before the real world? Beats me.  However, life does get alittle technical as we get older, and school doesn’t really prepare us for what to expect.

Things as important as building self-confidence and self-love are not concepts that are really covered yet they are key components in how we navigate through life. The importance of choosing friends who add value to our lives and us being the same for others isn’t covered either. All we are told is birds of a feather flock together and that entire hullabaloo. Okay, my friend and I are nice people but what do we talk about other than school or work and guys? EXACTLY MY POINT! I am sure there is more to life than just that.

With every meeting or social gathering, there is a constant exchange. The value of the exchange, however, will differ with the different people we meet. I recently met with a close friend last weekend and he is my inspiration today. He is a firm believer of being a Value-Added friend i.e.  Inspiring his friends to take on new challenges, giving new perspectives where he can, being a better listener, and suggesting new and better ways to do certain things. The thing is though, you cannot be all this to people who are not the same to you. There is a need to evaluate the current relationships you have and see what value they add to your life. You cannot be people’s doormat. It’s a give and take. I build you, you build me. If it does not add into your life, then is there really a point in investing in it anymore? Things you may want to consider are how much money, time and effort (MTE) are you investing and finally who are you adding the value to. Don’t get caught up with “relationship-freeloaders” people!

People who you have met for a short time may have even better intentions for you than people you have known all your life. Leave a legacy in the minds of people you have deep conversations with, based on all the new and interesting ideas and perspectives you have shared.

No matter how small the contribution, let it be given in an authentic way, let it be genuine and unassuming. There is an Economics principle called Returned Value. It basically states that with any form of value you put out in the world, it shall be fully returned to you in a different form that will obviously be beneficial to you at the time. 

Do not grow slack in adding value to your friends and family willingly and openly and that good karma is going to find its way right back to you.

I hope I added value to you today. Thank you."


After reading my fake speech, my question to you is, are you a relationship freeloader i.e. you are there to receive all the perks that come with the relationship/friendship yet you add no value to your friends' lives or are you a Value Added Friend?
Spread Love &Light
Njeri💋

PS: Don't forget to Share (click on the share button👇👇👇) and Subscribe😘

Comments

  1. That might be a rather tricky/hard question to give a conclusive answer.

    Anyhow, I've realized, the more we grow up, the circle of friends grows smaller by the day. We weed out the "just friends" and hold onto the real friends.

    I'm aware that, the number of friends doesn't really matter, but who will be there for you when you are down, at your very worst the . Dubbed as "ride or die".

    Back to your inquiry. I think at the moment, I'm more of a value added friend than a relationship freeloader. But at the end of the day, I'm not the one to judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its like you read my mind every time you write.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ENDLESS STRUGGLE TO LOVE SELF

As I cry in my bed at 3.36 am at the feeling of insufficience in every sense of the word... My question is how do I always end up here? In this same damn state? When will it ever get easier? Will I ever get to a point where I wholly love and accept myself in all my flaws and misgivings? Or is this just some hogwash we read in articles and blogs? Have you?  Being exactly a month away from turning 25 I always thought if all other things failed me .... I knew all the work I had put in on my journey to self love would have paid off by then. I'd be happier at least in that regard... But here I am crying my eyes out feeling like ugly Betty only with alot more chub to carry around. So how do people get out of this hole? Nobody should dare open their mouth and tell me to go work out, that I'll love myself then! What about all the scars I have? Will the gym remedy that too? What about my overly bruised ego from comments I've received about my weight, how exactly w

THE SOCIETAL CANCER: THE MICROWAVE MENTALITY

The millennial generation that we are in is the all-time consumer of the Microwave mentality. In 30 seconds we want to hear our microwaves beep with our Range Rovers outside waiting for us with little to no investment of any kind just because we are entitled little brats, hehe! The excitement before the unrealistic results that never come 😂😂😂 Instant gratification is a drug that has been force fed to us through social media if you ask me. We have been made to believe that we need to have achieved amazing and grandeur things right this very minute, whether we have the means or we don't. It has to be achieved by any means necessary. We buy things we do not need and can't afford, with money we do not have all out to please the masses and prove our apparent social standing. Doing it for the Gram, huh?! Where is the lie? The need for instant gratification manifests itself in more ways than one. It is the child of impatience, birthed together with comparison a

LOSING YOUR SENSE OF SELF.

Has something so devastating happened to you or someone close to you and you saw how everything changed for them! Pain and trauma have a way of changing people and how they view life. Some people get knocked down by the sudden life changing event and dust themselves up and fight through it.... Others have the hardest time getting past it but once they do,they come out a different person... others barely make it out! Some people really start to find their identify in the pain and the hurt that they don't remember who they were before it all. The pain is their familiar place. As a means to suppress all the internal war they are experiencing, some turn to alcohol, drugs, cutting themselves, self medicating.... These are things we see around us all the time. We just don't really know how much someone is going through and as per usual we are always so quick to judge. You know I'm right! This year alone,I feel like I have gotten the opportunity to meet pretty i