Skip to main content

"DOES NEW YEAR, NEW ME" REALLY MAKE SENSE?



HEEEEEY MY WISDOM NUGGET LOVERS!!! (Such a long title.. I'll work on it,lol)

My God I've missed y'all!!!I know it's been a minute, but I'm back *insert happy dance*

For starters HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!!! We are so blessed to have the opportunity to see the new year. I am so sure there is so much in store for us this 2k18.... I can't wait to see all of us Cardi b type winning!!! lol
I am too excited! PS: I'm the one fainting😂😂

I know we have been seeing so many of these "New Year ... New Me" posts all over the place. Some of y'all are like 👇👇


Hold up! Hold up! Haha... Don't get your panties in a bunch! Let people be.

I know we had set out to meet certain goals last year. Unfortunately, we may not have met some or most of them. However, doesn't the new year fill us with hope and expectancy of achieving them and much more?

But my question to you is, "Does New Year, New Me" make any sense?

Did you all of a sudden become a whole other person or acquired a new glistening personality when the clock hit 12:00 or what? is the question so many ask, because let's be honest that isn't realistic.

A fresh start is something so many want (Alas! some are too afraid to go for it while others do not even have the slightest idea on how to go about it) and the new year gives the perfect platform. In my opinion, every New Year offers a clean slate for us to kick start some new goals, reestablish ourselves and hopefully even re-introduce ourselves to the world as these changed people. And just like everything else, its not about lip service (Most of us are really good at this), its about putting in the work and committing to change. Nonetheless, I don't think the new year means you need to change every bit about yourself. 'New year... New me' is somewhat an insult to all the growth you made last year and all your past struggles and accomplishments. We need to flaunt those bad boys like a medal; we earned those!

More often than not, we are of the habit of picking the Stereotypical Resolutions instead of picking those that are more important to us individually. It is no surprise that by mid Feb someone is back to their old habits because the resolutions didn't really resonate with them on a more personal level as they should have. Shouldn't we pick resolutions we believe we want to achieve personally no matter how hard it becomes and those that challenge us like we never imagined? Isn't that how we grow?

On a related note, for those on the 'new year... new me' bandwagon, did you get a personality adjustment? Oh, so you are all new err'ythang huh? But are you wiser boo? Or will you still end up making the same old mistakes you made last year? Instead of ' New Year.. New Me' I feel like 'New Year.. Wiser Me' is more fitting. I know it doesn't have the same ring to it but its more realistic, so my fine-trying-to-be-wise self is running with it! Or rather cat walking the hell out of it, haha!

Dexter Mayfield is giving me life!!!!

It is my prayer that the new year is good to all of us. Let's dare to do things we would have otherwise been caught dead doing last year (especially if they presented a platform for growth). Let's wake up every morning with the mentality of wanting to change and better ourselves. Let's insert love in all that we do and all that we are this New Year! Blessed Year Loves 💘


New Year, Wiser Me💋
Njeri

PS: I really loved this video on How to conquer your mind and I think it could be motivational for all of us. (Hope you like it)          Click here👆👆

Comments

  1. New Year...Wiser me👊
    Have a blessed year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best life has to offer this year because you deserve it and so much more. New year wiser me😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you nothing short of the best this year!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you too.... I love the post......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha am glad i read this just now and not in the morning... I have had such a weird day n this read made my day end better..i have laughed!Happy new year girl...May we make reasonable resolutions this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I made your day better girl! Happy new year Ma'

      Delete
  5. I too firmly believe in new year,wiser me.Informative,challenging.Neatly done piece.keep up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaaw! Thank you Paul! Thanks for reading 😊

      Delete
  6. New year, Wiser me... So good!!👍. Life experiences and challenges of the old year are enough to make us Wiser - better planners as we get into the new year. Dexter has made my evening..... 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I love how sassy he is! Absolutely love him! You'll be seeing more of him. And i totally agree.. wiser us = better planners

      Delete
  7. New Year wiser and stronger me. This is well said dear, we can only build on what we have achieved so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "More often than not, we're of the habit of picking up the stereotypical resolutions...."

    That's deep, but sadly true.

    A gorgeous piece to kick-start a new year.

    Happy New-year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sad truth. I'm hoping we are doing better this year.

      Happy New Year to you too dear :)

      Delete
  9. Hehe lovely...
    Makes one reevaluate his resolutions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ENDLESS STRUGGLE TO LOVE SELF

As I cry in my bed at 3.36 am at the feeling of insufficience in every sense of the word... My question is how do I always end up here? In this same damn state? When will it ever get easier? Will I ever get to a point where I wholly love and accept myself in all my flaws and misgivings? Or is this just some hogwash we read in articles and blogs? Have you?  Being exactly a month away from turning 25 I always thought if all other things failed me .... I knew all the work I had put in on my journey to self love would have paid off by then. I'd be happier at least in that regard... But here I am crying my eyes out feeling like ugly Betty only with alot more chub to carry around. So how do people get out of this hole? Nobody should dare open their mouth and tell me to go work out, that I'll love myself then! What about all the scars I have? Will the gym remedy that too? What about my overly bruised ego from comments I've received about my weight, how exactly w

THE SOCIETAL CANCER: THE MICROWAVE MENTALITY

The millennial generation that we are in is the all-time consumer of the Microwave mentality. In 30 seconds we want to hear our microwaves beep with our Range Rovers outside waiting for us with little to no investment of any kind just because we are entitled little brats, hehe! The excitement before the unrealistic results that never come 😂😂😂 Instant gratification is a drug that has been force fed to us through social media if you ask me. We have been made to believe that we need to have achieved amazing and grandeur things right this very minute, whether we have the means or we don't. It has to be achieved by any means necessary. We buy things we do not need and can't afford, with money we do not have all out to please the masses and prove our apparent social standing. Doing it for the Gram, huh?! Where is the lie? The need for instant gratification manifests itself in more ways than one. It is the child of impatience, birthed together with comparison a

LOSING YOUR SENSE OF SELF.

Has something so devastating happened to you or someone close to you and you saw how everything changed for them! Pain and trauma have a way of changing people and how they view life. Some people get knocked down by the sudden life changing event and dust themselves up and fight through it.... Others have the hardest time getting past it but once they do,they come out a different person... others barely make it out! Some people really start to find their identify in the pain and the hurt that they don't remember who they were before it all. The pain is their familiar place. As a means to suppress all the internal war they are experiencing, some turn to alcohol, drugs, cutting themselves, self medicating.... These are things we see around us all the time. We just don't really know how much someone is going through and as per usual we are always so quick to judge. You know I'm right! This year alone,I feel like I have gotten the opportunity to meet pretty i